Welcome to Tuesday Travels, a summertime series at Traveling with Baby. This season, my son and I are excited about sharing some local day trips and field trip ideas for families with little ones. This weekly series will also feature travel tips for families with kids-in-tow and related product reviews and giveaways. I enjoy hearing about your traveling adventures, too. If you have an idea for Tuesday Travels, please e-mail me: drgarnecki[at]gmail[dot]com.
My son and I just tried the best fruit snack to hit the stands: Fruit Crisps by Brothers All Natural. Finally, I’ve found a snack that helps appease a growing toddler’s ferocious appetite even through rush hour traffic, road trips, and hiking in the woods.
My toddler and I both love fresh fruit, but unless the apple is completely peeled, cored, and sliced, he ends up throwing apple bits and chunks all over the floor. That’s not the case with the 100% Fuji Apple fruit crisps which boasts one and one-half apples per bag.
These melt-in-your-mouth fruit crisps aren’t tough as leather like other dried fruit. Instead, they’re bursting with flavor without added preservatives or ingredients. Even a baby with a couple of teeth can enjoy them.
I love that they’re not baked, not fried, not dehydrated, and not sweetened dried. They’re just 100% pure fruit that has been freeze dried without any added sugar or preservatives resulting in a 1-year shelf-life. These great snacks pack lighter on backpacking trails compared to fresh fruit, and they’re a lot less gooey and sticky on toddler hands when they’re stuck in the car seat for several hours.
If I could create a meaningful award to give to Brothers All Natural for their innovative and nutritious travel-friendly snack, I’d bestow them with the “Dr. Dolly Garnecki Healthy Ingenuity Parenting Award” for this AWESOME creation which yields nothing short of two-thumbs up, 5 stars, and endless happy smiles.
The 100% Fuji Apple is definitely a big hit with me and my son: simultaneously crispy and spongy with a ton of sweet apple goodness. We also love the slightly crunchier texture of the 100% Asian Pear flavor. However, my favorite flavor is the tart-and-tangy-with-a-hint-of-sweet 100% Strawberry/Banana. All three flavors were available in the variety pack.
WHERE TO PURCHASE
Fruit Crisps are featured at a variety of retailers from national and regional grocers to theme parks. You can also find them online at Amazon. A Case of 24 packs retails for $21.99 or $0.92 per bag. Orders online directly through Brothers All Natural have FREE shipping.
Brother’s current special is buy 3 cases of Strawberry Banana, and get 1 case FREE. Check their specials page for updates.
Brothers is offering one lovely winner a case (24 bags) of their fabulous Fruit Crisps in any flavor of choice (retail value $21.99 per case/$0.92 per bag). Oh yes, you can have whatever flavor you want! The winner will be randomly selected via random.org. You’ll have up to 5 opportunities to win. How ’bout those odds?
1. Primary entry method (must complete primary entry in order to be eligible for other entry methods), first sign up for Brother’s e-mail newsletter list for rad coupons and specials, then leave a comment on this post telling me you did so including the e-mail address that you used.
2. Earn a second entry by blogging about the giveaway and linking to Traveling with Baby using “Brothers Snack Sensation Giveaway” as the title in your blog’s post. Then, leave a comment here with a link to your post.
3. Earn a third entry by subscribing to Traveling with Baby’s RSS feed. Leave a comment that you’re subscribed.
4. Earn a fourth entry by following me (drdolly) on Twitter and tweeting this contest with the following “RT @drdolly Win a case of Brothers All Natural Fruit Crisps on Traveling with Baby! http://tinyurl.com/n6d8sx” Leave a comment with the weblink to your tweet.
5. Earn fifth entry by adding Traveling with Baby’s button to your website/blog.
Leave a valid e-mail address, so I can contact you to claim your prize, or it’ll go to another amazing person. The contest is open to U.S. shipping addresses only.
This contest runs until 11:59PM (EST) on July 14th, 2009.
One winner will be randomly selected (via random.org) and announced on this post and e-mailed sometime shortly after July 14th. If a winner doesn’t respond within 72 hours, a new winner will be selected.
Congratulations to the winner, #17 Courtney!