Welcome to a weekly series on Traveling with Baby, Health Happy Round-Up which focuses on multiple aspects of wholesome living and optimal health for the entire family. Each weekend, Traveling with Baby will share some insightful news, recipes, and tips to help you consider fresh new perspectives on wholesome and happy health.
“The [wo]man with the boots doesn’t mind where she places her foot.” –Irish Proverb
When I was two, you wouldn’t find me wearing anything other than my red leather cowboy boots.
A few years later, I would sport gray and black leather boots that were perfect for galloping on horseback in the rocky hillsides near the Snake River and Waha foothills in eastern Washington.
A decade later, as a college student in Austin, Texas, I fell in love with my black leather boots paired with my favorite black felt hat that made frequent appearances line dancing and two-stepping to Charlie Daniels and George Strait.
There’s something utterly American and earthy about cowboy boots.
Yet, many times, they can be unbearably uncomfortable with constant plodding on the pavement–they were designed for riding, after all.
Thankfully, I’ve enjoyed discovering the new Stars Collection by Tony Lama thanks to the pair they sent me for review. After running around the clinic on my feet all day (quite literally), at the end of the day, my feet felt like they had been pampered with a foot massage. The comfort pad in the rubber heel and orthotic insert provide therapeutic arch support.
What’s even more impressive about these oil-repelling, leather boots is the stylish detailing of faux fur applique, orange and turquoise embroidery, and sparkly blue rhinestones.
These are NOT the drab and dreary cowboy boots of yesteryear. Rather, these are 1980′s punk-inspired fashionista boots that make you feel at home on the range or downtown. Whether you’re rassling a steer or a strong-headed toddler, your happy feet will want to kiss you at the end of the day for treating them with oodles of kindness and luxury.
Straight from the American Chiropractic Association in an article about footwear and fashion:
- Choose comfortable shoes. If you must wear high heels, bring a pair of flat shoes along with you to change into should you become uncomfortable. If you walk to work, wear flat shoes and change into your more fashionable shoes when you arrive to alleviate any pain or discomfort.
- If the shoe is uncomfortable while standing, chances are it will not be any more comfortable while walking. The wrong shoe can affect the body’s center of gravity.
- Choose supportive shoes. Designer spikes or non-supportive loafers may look nice but do not allow for easy, symmetrical walking.
When fashion, comfort, and ergonomics can blend together in shoes or clothing, then pure bliss can be achieved. Tony Lama Boots Tan Cheyenne has the market cornered on bliss. You can purchase the Stars Collection online, or find a retailer near you.
Note: New leather boots may take a little getting used to, especially if you’re used to snug-fitting shoes. Read Justin Brand’s fit guide to help you determine the right size for you.
One winners will win a gift certificate to use toward any pair of Tony Lama boots from their Stars collection (retail value $140).
Where will you wear your boots? Visit all the fun styles of Tony Lama Stars boots, and tell me your favorite–and where you’d like to wear them!
Leave a separate comment for each additional entry.
- Earn two additional entries by blogging about the giveaway and linking to Traveling with Baby using “Tony Lama Boots Giveaway” as the title in your post. Then, leave two comments here with a link to your post.
- Earn two additional entries by subscribing to Traveling with Baby’s RSS feed. Leave (two) comments stating that you’re subscribed.
- Earn another entry by 1) following me (drdolly) on Twitter and 2) tweeting this contest with the following “RT @drdolly Win Tony Lama Boots on Traveling with Baby! http://wp.me/p4s6M-OJ” Leave a comment with the weblink to your tweet.
- Earn another entry by adding Traveling with Baby’s button to your website/blog.
Leave a valid e-mail address, so I can contact you to claim your prize, or it’ll go to another amazing person. The contest is open to U.S. shipping addresses only.
This contest runs until 11:59PM (EST) on October 2nd, 2009.
A winner will be randomly selected (via random.org) and announced on this post and e-mailed sometime shortly after October 2nd. If a winner doesn’t respond within 72 hours, a new winner will be selected.
Congratulations to #1, Vicky!