I’ve been a fan of Camelbak since I was in the military and used a Sabre hydration pack on flying missions and physical fitness workouts when stationed in the desert overseas. While in Chiropractic College, I was an avid runner, and I got a lot of use out of my runner’s hydration pack (Flashflo). Since I’m a mom, my hydration needs are different. I don’t want to carry a pack on my back or on my waist since toting Calvin around (sling or no sling) is enough. But, I still need my H2O, and Camelbak answers the call for clear, pretty, plastic, BPA-Free bottles for moms and kids with an exclamation point in the Better Bottle.
These jewel-toned bottles come in 0.5L (perfect for kiddos), 0.75L (perfect to carry in your hand), and 1L (great for a LONG hike or road trip), either with the classic cap or the bite valve. The bite valve doesn’t spill when turned upside-down and shaken. It’s a feature unique to Camelbak products that I find positively brilliant. You don’t have to tilt your head back to take a sip . . . perfect for staying hydrated in the middle of the night for nursing mommies! This 0.75L Better Bottle by Camelbak is my ALL-TIME FAVORITE drinking bottle . . . at 3 AM, I don’t even have to sit up in bed to get a drink, and I don’t have to worry about spilling water all over me when I’m half groggy anyway.
Camelbak Better Bottle Features
- Made of Eastman Tritan™ copolyester, the bottle is completely BPA-free and is dishwasher safe
- Tritan™ copolyester provides excellent impact resistance and is suitable for both warm and cold beverages
- Bypass the potential hazards of drinking from wide openings—CamelBak’s Big Bite valve eliminates awkward drips and spills
- Just bite and sip and the beverage flows through the valve—you don’t even need to tip the bottle to drink
- But if lifting and tipping is your preferred method, no problem; just remove the straw inside
- Big Bite valve has an articulating stem, so when not in use it folds down next to the bottle and stays clean
- Carry the integrated handle in the crook of a finger, or connect it to a pack or waistbelt with a small carabiner
- Simply unscrew the cap to uncover bottle’s wide-mouth opening for easy filling and cleaning; standard cap size fits many other wide-mouth bottles
- Specially shaped bottle fits nicely in your hand and accommodates most automobile cup holders
- All components are dishwasher safe (top rack only); do not microwave
- CamelBak does not recommend the use of carbonated beverages with the straw configuration; remove straw and drink by tipping and sipping
Once Calvin can figure out how to use the bite valve, I think this is going to make a GREAT sippy cup in the 0.5L size. For now, he finds my .75L bottle his most favorite chew toy. My husband is eager to try the 1L bottle while he works in tree canopies as an arborist. I like that it’s slim enough to fit in the bottle pockets of most diaper bags and stroller cup holders. Best of all (besides the smart design) is that it’s BPA-FREE and dishwasher safe. Camelbak products have ALWAYS been BPA-Free. FYI, these nifty bottles are designed for ages 5 and older since the bite valve is removable for cleaning (grip with all your might, twist, and pull)–it may be a choking hazard. Links to retailers are available on Camelbak’s site. I’ve seen these bottles priced anywhere from $10 to $13 online, and they’re worth every smart penny. There are several color options available: black, grey, green, pine, pink, red, ocean, orange, light blue, purple, and brown.
Wow! Thanks, Camelbak. You anticipated the desires of the consumers and you provided a fabulous product.
One reader will win a .75L (24 oz.) BPA-Free Better Bottle by Camelbak retail value $13). Color depends upon availability. To enter, visit Camelbak’s site and browse all their cool hydration options. Then, come back to this post and leave a comment. Any comment will do, but it must be relevant to this post. Tell me what Camelbak product you’d like to try. Tell me what you like best about the Better Bottle. Be creative, visit Camelbak’s site, and have fun. The contest ends at 11:59 PM (EST) on Tuesday, July 8th. The winner will be announced on Wednesday, July 9th.
Only one entry per person each contest week. Multiple entries will be deleted. The winner and 2 alternates will be selected on Random.org and announced on this post and on Prizey. If you provide your e-mail address, I will contact you. The winner has 72 hours to claim the prize, otherwise, the prize goes to the first alternate to contact me with a shipping address.
I’ve been wanting to try one – and something SPILL PROOF would be great for this prego… and how pretty is the berry color?