Welcome to Tuesday Travels, a summertime series at Traveling with Baby. This season, my son and I are excited about sharing some local day trips and field trip ideas for families with little ones. This weekly series will also feature travel tips for families with kids-in-tow and related product reviews and giveaways. I enjoy hearing about your traveling adventures, too. If you have an idea for Tuesday Travels, please e-mail me: drgarnecki[at]gmail[dot]com.
Did I ever tell you that I’m originally from Washington state? I grew up there over the summers of my childhood spending hours splashing in the Snake River, berry picking in the foothills of the Waha mountains, and savoring orchard-grown apples and cherries. It is the land of my youth and a significant portion of my family. Whenever possible, I venture back there to relish in the Huckleberries, recall fond memories, and cherish the time spent with family.
Eric Herman is also from Washington. During his 2009 tour, his family joins him as he performs at libraries, festivals, and other fun places from coast to coast including Oregon, California, Utah, New York, and Maryland. His latest release, What a Ride!, is the perfect soundtrack to a family road trip, plane trip, or space travel–whatever your fancy! Eric’s previous hit single, “The Elephant Song” not only has its own iPhone app, but the music video has had over 6 million hits on YouTube.
Warm, rootsy vocals layered with acoustic guitar (and Invisible Band) accompaniment enhance Eric Herman’s contagious lyrics that spark imagination of wonder, flight, and space travel. A must have for any family that spends more than 10 minutes in the car a day.
Wish his tour would venture to central Virginia.
1. First, (must complete primary entry in order to be eligible for other entry methods),visit Eric Herman’s fun and interactive website, then leave a comment on this post telling me something fun or interesting you learned on his site. FYI, copying another person’s answer won’t exactly fly. Be original, folks.
2. Earn a second entry by blogging about the giveaway and linking to Traveling with Baby using “What a Ride CD Giveaway” as the title in your blog’s post. Then, leave a comment here with a link to your post.
3. Earn a third entry by subscribing to Traveling with Baby’s RSS feed. Leave a comment that you’re subscribed.
4. Earn a fourth entry by following me (drdolly) on Twitter and tweeting this contest with the following “RT @drdolly Win the new Eric Herman CD What a Ride! on Traveling with Baby! http://tinyurl.com/n6lnuq” Leave a comment with the weblink to your tweet.
5. Earn fifth entry by adding Traveling with Baby’s button to your website/blog.
Leave a valid e-mail address, so I can contact you to claim your prize, or it’ll go to another amazing person. The contest is open to U.S. shipping addresses only.
This contest runs until 11:59PM (EST) on July 28th, 2009.
One winner will be randomly selected (via random.org) and announced on this post and e-mailed sometime shortly after July 28th. If a winner doesn’t respond within 72 hours, a new winner will be selected.
The winner is #6 xenia. Congratulations!