As promised, I’ve collected all the links and info into one location to serve as your Happy Green Baby information headquarters. Don’t forget to bookmark this post for future reference.
- Cloth Diapering Essentials: A Comparative Review provides a comprehensive review on styles and brands that were battle-tested.
- Tips on caring for cloth diapers–read what works for me (after two years of trial and error).
- Need one stop shopping to purchase your cloth-diapering needs? Visit the Traveling with Baby store–full of hand-picked selections.
- Cloth Diapers Made Simple…Promise! by Katherine Czapp boils down the benefits of cloth diapering with historic nuggets and practical sense.
- Diaper-Free is filled with information to help parents provide elimination communication (EC) or potty training for babies. We’ve practiced EC with our son since he was 4 months-old.
- Diaper Decisions created a thorough cost comparison chart based on type of diaper and diaper size to help you make a frugal diapering choice.
- Chinese prefold diaper folding techniques with pictures and instructions by Diaper Hyena.
- The Dirty Dozen most contaminated foods and the Clean Fifteen that you don’t need to buy organic by the Environmental Working Group.
- Cost of Jarred Babyfood Compared to Homemade breaks down the savings.
- Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron includes recipes for babyfood, tips for prep and storage, and recipes for arts and crafts.
- HappyBaby: The Organic Guide to Baby’s First 24 Months is full of green baby tips plus more than $100 in coupons.
- Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon dedicated an entire chapter to creating healthy, nutrient-dense foods for baby.
- Nourishing a Growing Baby includes an age-specific food guides, facts on healthy fats, plus best foods to introduce.
- Wholesomebabyfood.net is full of kitchen-tested baby food recipes, info on baby food allergies, and a solids introduction chart.
- Children’s Health includes categorized articles on breastfeeding, deterring picky eaters, and calming colic.
- Skin Deep: Cosmetic Safety Database–Look up any product to find its hazard rating, and any associated risks–before it goes on baby’s skin.
- Safe Skin Care for Moms & Babies–Insight on a safe and healthy product for baby’s skin that you can find in the baking aisle.
- Safe Skeeter Repellent options for you to slather on baby’s skin or to grow naturally in a garden surrounding your home.
- Healthy Child Healthy World–greening your home, and green baby tips.
- Safe Mama–safety tips, product recalls, eco-resource for parents.
- Zrecs Guide–harmful chemical-free resource for parents.
Family-Friendly Grand Opening
As a friendly reminder, I hope to see you at the grand opening festivities for Spinal Health & Wellness on Thursday, October 8th from 4PM to 7PM. We want to make this fun-filled event enjoyable for the entire family. Participating vendors are offering FREE portrait sittings, chair massage, face painting, and kid-friendly snacks. There’s also fabulous door prizes including 8×10 portraits, HappyBaby coupons and snack samples, and much more.
Healthy Mama Workshop
I’ll be back at Downtown ACAC on Saturday, November 7th as the featured speaker for the Pre-Natal and Post-Natal seminar series offering a Healthy Mama Workshop that begins at 11:45 AM.
Moms will learn safe and ergonomic postural considerations for both parent and baby while babywearing. Also, augment the breastfeeding bonding experience by caring for mom and baby’s back needs. This workshop will teach you how to stay comfortable longer while wearing baby–preventing spine or pelvis injuries on baby. You’ll also learn body support tips for the most common nursing positions, and caring for your baby’s back from infancy to toddlerhood.
Bring your baby carrier/sling and nursing pillow, if you use them.
Filed under: Baby Food, BPA-Free, charlottesville, CLOTH DIAPERED BABY, green living, recipes, Toxins: Beware | Tagged: ACAC, diaper decisions, diaper-free, environmental working group, happy green baby, healthy child healthy world, safe mama, skin deep, Spinal Health & Wellness, weston a. price foundation, wholesomebabyfood.net, zrecs |