A few weeks ago, Elisa B. invited Calvin and I over to hang out with the puppies. Just before we arrived, she baked homemade banana bread since she had an overstock of bananas. What a treat for our noses and bellies. There’s hardly any sugar and extra oily gunk. It’s sensational, and I highly urge you to try it!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup applesauce
- 4 eggs
- 4 large bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Lightly grease 2 loaf pans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar. Add applesauce, eggs, nuts, and mashed banana. Beat until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.